Most of the slightly surprising news that comes out on April 1st is unsurprisingly fake. But one change went into effect yesterday that is real: You probably don’t have to sign your credit card receipts any more.
Starting April 1st, the big four credit card companies — Visa, American Express, Mastercard, and Discover — don’t require a signature from merchants when customers pay with a credit card. There are a few restrictions, and some shops and restaurants may still ask for your signature, but hopefully this is the beginning of the end for America’s dumbest authentication system.
BGR Top Deals:
- This $99 robot vacuum is only a few months old and it’s already one of Amazon’s most popular models
- These chicken wings will change your life, and they taste even better in Amazon’s most popular Instant Pot
Trending Right Now:
- Google is making a cheaper Pixel 3 model, but don’t call it a Nexus
- 39 original Netflix shows and movies will be released this month – here’s the complete list
- 9 paid iPhone apps that are free downloads today
You don’t need to sign your credit card receipt any more originally appeared on BGR.com on Mon, 2 Apr 2018 at 19:42:01 EDT. Please see our terms for use of feeds.
Source: FS – Phones – News
You don’t need to sign your credit card receipt any more