Currently, your idle slothfulness that sees you pay someone to bring food to your door rather than walking six blocks has a very distinct price. Uber Eats charges $4.99 for delivery, whether your restaurant is one block away, or all the way across town.
But according to CNET, that’s all about to change. The company is introducing a sliding-scale delivery fee that can range from $2 to $8, depending on how far away you are from the restaurant. It’s a move that makes total sense, given that the $4.99 delivery fee was higher than most of Uber’s competitors, and hopefully it will make ordering in a little more affordable.
BGR Top Deals:
- Fix the Nintendo Switch’s biggest problem with this simple $16 accessory
- Amazon has MacBook Pro and MacBook Air refurbs at deep discounts
Trending Right Now:
- ‘Ant-Man and the Wasp’ Easter egg could be a huge spoiler for ‘Avengers 4’
- Previously unseen ‘Captain Marvel’ Easter egg found in ‘Avengers: Infinity War’
- The little adapter that speeds up your Fire TV Stick is only $16 right now
Source: FS – Phones – News
Uber Eats is getting rid of the flat delivery fee