Every year, official arbiters of online expression at the Unicode Consortium consider new ways for vocabulary-deficient people to express themselves online. It’s a long and drawn-out process for new emoji to be added to the official Unicode list, which means that we’re already looking at the emoji under consideration for next year.
Candidates for new emoji next year now include a service dog, every possible combination of couples holding hands, and a deaf person. In total, there are 179 new emoji characters short-listed for inclusion in Emoji 12.0, a new version of our favorite tiny pictures that will be released in the first half of next year.
BGR Top Deals:
- Your cable company will hate you as much as you hate them after you get this $39 box
- The best-selling Bluetooth earbuds on Amazon are on sale for $17 today
Trending Right Now:
- There’s an alternate ‘Infinity War’ ending that would have ruined ‘Avengers 4’
- Google Maps is almost perfect, so of course Google had to find a way to ruin it
- Facebook is shedding massive traffic – and it’s apparently flocking to YouTube
This is the first look at new emoji coming next year originally appeared on BGR.com on Thu, 9 Aug 2018 at 22:01:53 EDT. Please see our terms for use of feeds.
Source: FS – Phones – News
This is the first look at new emoji coming next year