As we hang on to the very last days of summer, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) wants people to keep the upcoming flu season in the back of their minds. With the memory of last year’s deadly flu season still fresh in everyone’s memory, the CDC is already urging people to plan their vaccinations.
As CNBC reports, the CDC has some very important statistics for anyone thinking of skipping the flu shot. According to the group, a whopping 180 children died from last year’s strain, and roughly four out of five of those kids weren’t vaccinated.
BGR Top Deals:
- There’s one reason this $80 smartwatch is way more impressive than the new Apple Watches about to launch
- Amazon’s best-selling Wi-Fi extender has 13,000 5-star reviews, and it’s on sale for $21 today
Trending Right Now:
- ‘Avengers 4’ spoiler says undoing the ‘Infinity War’ deaths is going to bring serious heartbreak
- Details of a new silver version of the Galaxy Note 9 just leaked
- Obesity might actually make you dumber, new study says
The CDC is begging people to get vaccinated so that flu season isn’t as bad as it was last year originally appeared on BGR.com on Tue, 11 Sep 2018 at 21:01:09 EDT. Please see our terms for use of feeds.
Source: FS – Phones – News
The CDC is begging people to get vaccinated so that flu season isn’t as bad as it was last year