With more than 400,000 outstanding reservations on the books for the Model 3, there’s no denying that demand for Tesla’s mass market EV is staggering. What remains unclear, however, is whether or not Tesla will be able to ramp up production in a timely manner as to prevent reservation holders from asking for a refund and simply picking up a car elsewhere.
Tesla, of course, has a bad habit of over-promising and under-delivering when it comes to production rates. Recall, Elon Musk in the build-up to the Model 3 launch was confident that production would reach 20,000 units per month by December of 2017, a goal the company didn’t even come close to reaching.
BGR Top Deals:
- Amazon has a $17 accessory that’ll keep your Fire TV or Fire TV Stick from ever buffering again
- Who needs an Apple Watch when this $77 smartwatch lasts 45 days per charge?
Trending Right Now:
- Samsung’s Galaxy S9 just crushed the iPhone X in a test that means nothing at all
- The hot new Android phone Trump’s White House doesn’t want you to have is now on Amazon
- New Galaxy S10 leak brings the exciting news we’ve been waiting for
Tesla may be able to meet its Model 3 production goals after all originally appeared on BGR.com on Tue, 15 May 2018 at 22:02:31 EDT. Please see our terms for use of feeds.
Source: FS – Phones – News
Tesla may be able to meet its Model 3 production goals after all