At a press conference last month, renowned home audio brand Sonos made a big deal out of how its sound bar with built-in Alexa is going to change smart speakers and sound bars forever. But weeks before Sonos launched the Beam, a smaller audio company named Polk scooped it with an Alexa-powered sound bar of its own.
It’s called the Polk Command Bar, and we’ve been living with it for the last few weeks. It’s an undeniably Echo-inspired sound bar, with the signature blue LED ring from an Echo in the middle of the sound bar, surrounding the controls. At heart, it’s much like other mid-range sound bars, with good sound, a wirelessly connected subwoofer, and a pair of HDMI inputs. There’s also a slot behind the bar for one of Amazon’s Fire TV dongles, although it won’t fit some of the newer Fire TV hardware.
BGR Top Deals:
- No, you’re not dreaming… AirPods are actually in stock on Amazon with a rare discount
- How to barely spend any money when you finally cut the cord
Trending Right Now:
- ‘Game of Thrones’ creator says Gandalf’s death is why he constantly kills off his characters
- Avengers 4: New evidence may reveal how the Infinity War deaths will be undone
- 21 different best-selling Kindle books are on sale for $2.99, today only
Polk Command Bar review: A fantastic sound bar that happens to have Alexa originally appeared on BGR.com on Sun, 12 Aug 2018 at 12:22:38 EDT. Please see our terms for use of feeds.
Source: FS – Phones – News
Polk Command Bar review: A fantastic sound bar that happens to have Alexa