When NASA’s Cassini spacecraft made its fateful dive into Saturn’s atmosphere roughly a year ago it was a historic moment for astronomy and a bittersweet moment for anyone who had been following the mission from its start.
NASA’s Jet Propulsion Laboratory was instrumental in the coverage of Cassini’s epic grand finale, which saw the probe perform over 20 daring dives through Saturn’s rings before finally crashing into Saturn itself. Now, in a touching nod to the group of scientists and specialists who made the grand finale so fun to follow, the entire team has been awarded a Creative Arts Emmy Award.
BGR Top Deals:
- There’s one reason this $80 smartwatch is way more impressive than the new Apple Watches about to launch
- Amazon’s best-selling Wi-Fi extender has 13,000 5-star reviews, and it’s on sale for $21 today
Trending Right Now:
- ‘Avengers 4’ spoiler says undoing the ‘Infinity War’ deaths is going to bring serious heartbreak
- What the Galaxy S10 would look like if Samsung copied the iPhone X
- Last-minute leak might reveal every new iPhone color for 2018
NASA’s Jet Propulsion Laboratory won an Emmy for Cassini’s grand finale originally appeared on BGR.com on Tue, 11 Sep 2018 at 14:45:17 EDT. Please see our terms for use of feeds.
Source: FS – Phones – News
NASA’s Jet Propulsion Laboratory won an Emmy for Cassini’s grand finale