The Giant Hogweed is a terrible, no-good, dangerous plant. It also happens to be spreading across the United States with shocking speed, and just touching can totally mess you up. A 17-year-old boy from Virginia named Alex Childress learned that in the absolute worst way possible, and now he’s dealing with severe burns and likely a lifetime of significant scarring.
Childress was reportedly doing a bit of summer gardening when he came across one of the large plants and promptly chopped it down, unknowingly getting some of the plant’s dangerous sap on one side of his face as well as his arm. Nothing happened at first — that’s what makes the plant so incredibly brutal — but that would change.
BGR Top Deals:
- Amazon’s 10 best Prime Deals of the Day on Friday
- A tiny $17 accessory is all you need to speed up your 4K Fire TV or Fire TV Stick
Trending Right Now:
- Did a beloved Avenger just tell us he’s still alive after dying in ‘Infinity War’?
- T-Mobile’s new deal gets you an iPhone for $99 or a Galaxy S8 for $199
- Latest Galaxy Note 9 leak may have revealed pricing
Giant ‘Plant from Hell’ sends 17-year-old to the hospital with third-degree burns originally appeared on BGR.com on Fri, 13 Jul 2018 at 23:13:07 EDT. Please see our terms for use of feeds.
Source: FS – Phones – News
Giant ‘Plant from Hell’ sends 17-year-old to the hospital with third-degree burns