The iPhone X notch is a display design compromise we might have to live with for a few more years, as Apple figures out a way to create a true all-screen iPhone, a device whose display extends from corner to corner with no bezel in sight.
To create such a phone, Apple would need to figure out how to place the TrueDepth camera system under the screen right alongside the speaker and sensors. It turns out that to pull that trick off, Samsung’s OLED display-making expertise might be crucial.
BGR Top Deals:
- The hot new 50-inch 4K Fire TV everyone’s talking about is now up for preorder for $400
- Today’s best deals: $17 Anker earbuds, Sonos One with AirPlay 2, portable Apple Watch charger, more
Trending Right Now:
- This new look at the Pixel 3 XL’s leaked design is going to make Android fans much happier
- Sex on Mars is going to be risky, but it could create a new human subspecies
- Scientists studying vitamin supplements warn that they’re a huge waste of money
For a no-notch iPhone X, Apple would need the help of its biggest competitor originally appeared on BGR.com on Wed, 30 May 2018 at 17:49:13 EDT. Please see our terms for use of feeds.
Source: FS – Phones – News
For a no-notch iPhone X, Apple would need the help of its biggest competitor