Earlier today, CBS This Morning aired a new clip from its sit-down interview with Tesla CEO Elon Musk. The clip below centers on Tesla’s Autopilot feature, a topic that has been in the news quite a bit over the past few weeks following a tragic crash that saw a Model X in Autopilot mode careen into a highway divider before the vehicle’s battery pack burst into flames.
In the wake of the accident, Tesla said that the car’s Autopilot system warned the driver to place his hands on the wheel in the seconds leading up to the crash, warnings that Tesla claims were not heeded.
BGR Top Deals:
- $39 device adds a real head-up display (HUD) to any car without using your phone
- Get this $60 box and you’ll never pay for home phone service again
Trending Right Now:
- Sprint is giving away a month of unlimited prepaid service – so now T-Mobile is giving away 2 months
- T-Mobile just quietly killed one of its best deals
- Amazon is blowing out Parrot drones today, including a fun model that shoots little projectiles
Elon Musk says Autopilot will never be perfect but can ‘reduce accidents by a factor of 10’ originally appeared on BGR.com on Sun, 15 Apr 2018 at 15:04:36 EDT. Please see our terms for use of feeds.
Source: FS – Phones – News
Elon Musk says Autopilot will never be perfect but can ‘reduce accidents by a factor of 10’