Comcast’s share price is having a rough old year, down nearly 30% from January thanks to the company’s ongoing attempts to acquire 21st Century Fox. A dwindling stock price brought on by dubious business moves is normally the kind of thing that has shareholders evaluating a company’s leadership, but as Bloomberg points out in a new profile, that can never be the case at Comcast.
The current CEO is Brian Roberts, the son of Ralph Roberts, Comcast’s original founder. Mr Roberts will continue to be the CEO for as long as Comcast remains a company and he wants the job. He doesn’t just have a loyal board or some kind of controlling interest: His job security is written directly into the company’s articles of incorporation.
BGR Top Deals:
- This wire-free home security camera is almost as good as Arlo Pro 2 for half the price
- This $100 smartwatch lasts over a month on a charge, and it’s back down to $65 on Amazon
Trending Right Now:
- New report brings awful news about Samsung’s mysterious Galaxy X smartphone
- Here’s what NASA’s Opportunity rover saw as it was swallowed up by the Martian dust storm
- Apple is going to ruin cops’ favorite tool for breaking into iPhones
Comcast CEO Brian Roberts, son of Comcast founder, is legally impossible to fire originally appeared on BGR.com on Wed, 13 Jun 2018 at 20:00:12 EDT. Please see our terms for use of feeds.
Source: FS – Phones – News
Comcast CEO Brian Roberts, son of Comcast founder, is legally impossible to fire