This past March, a report surfaced that former President Barack Obama might get his own show on Netflix. Though initial details were light, it was widely assumed that the program would be something akin to a modified talk show insofar that it would provide Obama with an opportunity to connect with the public on any number of pertinent issues.
A few months later, Obama and Netflix have officially signed on the dotted line. And interestingly enough, the deal with Netflix is much broader in scope than most people were anticipating. According to Netflix, both Barack and Michelle Obama are on board to produce a number of television shows and movies for the streaming giant. The deal will reportedly run for a period of a few years.
BGR Top Deals:
- Today’s best deals: Roku, Fire TV, $17 Crock-Pot, smart toilet, Apple AirPods, Nest Thermostat, more
- The soda can-sized portable home theater everyone loves is Amazon’s deal of the day
Trending Right Now:
- This app hacked the iPhone’s dual camera system, and you’ve never seen anything like it
- The Android P beta might be hiding Google’s Pixel 3 design
- Plot twist: The best iPhone X accessory you can buy is made by Samsung
Barack and Michelle Obama signed a deal to produce Netflix shows originally appeared on BGR.com on Mon, 21 May 2018 at 13:06:27 EDT. Please see our terms for use of feeds.
Source: FS – Phones – News
Barack and Michelle Obama signed a deal to produce Netflix shows