Apple’s interest in augmented reality (AR) is pretty clear by now. With iOS 11 last year the company brought AR experiences to the iPhone and iPad, giving developers the tool needed to build AR apps and games that can run on current iOS devices.
In the future, however, Apple’s AR ambitions are expected to greatly evolve, culminating with the creation of highly sophisticated but inconspicuous AR glasses that could deliver iPhone experiences straight to your retina. A new report estimates that Apple’s first Glasses will arrive in late 2021, about a year later than expected.
BGR Top Deals:
- Today’s best deals: SNES Classic, $20 Anker earbuds, $13 iPhone memory card reader, Roku, Fire TV, more
- The whole-home DVR system for cord cutters is discounted on Amazon
Trending Right Now:
- Galaxy Note 9 won’t have the feature everyone wants, so Samsung confirmed something no one wants
- Deadpool 2 post-credits scenes and song explained: Everything you need to know
- AT&T is making streaming as complicated as cable
Apple Glasses are still years away from becoming real originally appeared on BGR.com on Fri, 18 May 2018 at 22:02:27 EDT. Please see our terms for use of feeds.
Source: FS – Phones – News
Apple Glasses are still years away from becoming real